Thursday, July 5, 2012

An Interview with Charlie, 6 months

Me: Charlie, you're six months old now. Are you excited?
CJS: I am so excited. I can't stop smiling. I am pumped to start eating food, and practicing my layups.

Me: What do you want to be your first food?
CJS: I am going to have to go with bananas. Stella seems to be obsessed. I've got to check it out!

Me: You were sleeping through the night for a while there. I am not going to lie. It was awesome. Thinking of doing it again some time?
CJS: I'm considering it, but I don't want to do anything rash.

Me: Mmmmm. Well, I guess we'll just see how you decide to play this one. Speaking of playing...what are some of your favorite things to do?
CJS: I love to play with baby toys! All those cool smarty pants developmental toys you got for Stella that she couldn't have cared less about? Love 'em. I can sit and entertain myself for whole minutes. I like the jumper pretty well too, and I love to army crawl and roll all over the floor. Except for when I accidentally roll under the couch. It's also a lot of fun to watch crazy Stella. I can't wait to chase her around. I am so close to crawling - I have almost got it. The next few months are going to be so fun.

Me: I know! I love watching you play and grow! How big are you these days anyway?
CJS: At my 6 month check-up today I was 20 lbs 15 oz and 28 1/4 inches. Boom.

Me: You're huge. That's why I have these awesome guns from hauling you around. So, which animal is your favorite, Charlie Bugs?
CJS: I guess I will go with the Honeybadger. I identify with it's strength and fearlessness.

Me: Would you rather be feared or loved?
CJS: Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. (Michael Scott anyone?)

Me: I can't get over how stinking cute you are. I mean - man! It catches me off guard sometimes. Plus you are such an amazingly happy guy. I love your funny laugh! You are pretty much the perfect blend of my extrovert tendencies and your dad's incredible kindness. I am so thankful I get to spend my days with you Charlie. You are a JOY. I love you.
CJS: Thanks, mom. You should go get some sleep. Pretty sure I am going to feel like some middle-o-the-night cuddling tonight.




5 comments:

  1. omagosh! He is TOO CUTE! LOVE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend, are too funny. Love the interview! Charlie is amazingly cute and cuddly...could be why I steal him every chance that I get :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love it! And BOOM is right-- this boy is huge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious!!! Love it, Becca! He is is quite the handsome little fellow :)

    ReplyDelete