Monday, April 9, 2012

Charlie!

It has been so long since I have posted anything, and with being off of social media for lent...I feel like I haven't shared nearly enough about my darling boy. Here are some recent iPhone photos and a little commentary.


He is a big boy! It's always the first thing everyone says upon seeing him, and it's true. At his 2 month doctor visit he was 15 lbs 15 oz, and at three months he was 17 lbs 9 oz. Not only is he big, he's very strong, and active. He wants to stand and test his leg strength all the time. He figured out how to roll back to front last week, and after two days he was flipping like a pancake, and after three he was steamrolling off of his playmat. He holds himself up pretty well, and is already fairly easily sitting in the Bumbo. He likes it when you carry him facing out so he can see what is going on, and don't even think about cradling the little man! He is awake quite a lot during the day, and gets upset if he feels like he's been left out. He started sleeping all night during his 10th week, and has been doing it regularly since then. I am a Babywise believer! And I feel so much more human! He is still in our room right now, but we will most likely transition him out sometime in the not too distant future.



He loves my grandma. She is a Charlie-whisperer. He can't wait for her to move down here!



Charlie has already been to the zoo! He did really well, and enjoyed all the outside time.



Here are my babies in their jammies. It's hard to capture in an image just how very enamored Stella is with him. He is almost always the first thing she asks about when she wakes up ("charlie see 'em?") and when he is upset, she wants so much to make him happy. She now makes suggestions to me of things she thinks he might want, for example, "paci back?" (does he want his pacifier back?), "baby huuuuungry...", "poopy diaper?", "blanket?", or sometimes she'll just bring him a toy - "Charlie hold it." Very helpful.



Likewise, no one gets more smiles from Charlie than Stella does. He is pretty patient with her attempts to hold him, and really likes it when she is near. He watches her intently. I pray over this affection that they have for each other, that God would give me wisdom about how to foster their friendship and fellowship so that it would endure.



Here is Charlie hanging out with Papa Bob (aka Papa Stinko, as Stella would say - my dad). They are getting to be very good buddies, and dad can't wait to teach him to shoot stuff off the back porch.



Charlie enjoyed bonding with Uncle Russell. Russell, my brother, and my SIL Chelsea visited from Oklahoma last month and got to meet charming Charlie. He will adore Russell and all of Russell's hilarious antics one of these days.



Memaw and Grandad (my grandparents) also came to meet Charlie in March. We had a good visit with them, and Big Jack and Little Jack were very pleased with each other, I think. (My mother's maiden name is Jackson, and that's where Charles Jackson came from - my grandad calls him Little Jack).







He smiles with his whole body. It's impossible not to grin right back at him. He is really turning into quite a cheerful guy most of the time, and I just can't get enough of those cheeks!







When I see pics like this it shocks me how big he looks. I tell him to just stay little, but he is most definitely NOT listening to me. I snapped the below picture while he was napping the other day. I want to remember these moments so very much. I am dangerously aware of how fast they are racing by.







Here he is lounging with one of his buddies at an Easter egg hunt. Next year he'll be part of the action!



And here's one of me and my sweet boy on Easter with confetti in our hair! What a blessing he is to our lives. We love you so much Charlie, and thank God for you every day.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Charlie, and can't wait to hug on your squirming, roly-poly, jolly self! That goes for Stella, too!

    One of my most favorite things is how much my kids love one another. They get along so famously and so obviously care about each other that I just wanna scoop them all up and hold them tightly, all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Love this post! I so wish they would stay small a little longer for us to enjoy all that sweet juiciness that is being a baby! Why must it go so fast?!?!?! Loved getting to meet charming Charlie and can't wait to see all of you again (soon, hopefully!)!

    ReplyDelete