Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stella's 2nd Birthday

Well, it has come and gone, but the fun memories...and let's be honest...some of the decorations remain. We had such a great time celebrating our sweet girl with our amazing friends and family.


What waking up TWO looks like.




My mom and Stella (and Uncle Jack - big day!) share a birthday, so we went over to surprise Mouschi with birthday donuts before she went to work.




Here are the birthday gals at their birthday dinner on Thursday. Super fun night celebrating with family and our awesome community group!




Lindsay came to dinner to share some birthday love.




Saturday was the actual party. Here's the cake table, minus the banana stand. ;) Stella loved the dipped bananas, but here's a tip if you are ever doing them for a party...frozen bananas that have thawed do not go back to regular bananas - they turn into the fourth state of matter - plasma. I was so glad I did a test run in advance. Hence, the empty platter. Don't pull them out of the freezer until the last minute!




The menu was finger foods that Stella loves: mini corn dogs, meatballs, watermelon, etc.

I cannot thank my mom and my amazing sister-in-laws enough for all their help with crafting and setting up. Wouldn't have made it without you.




That's 50 lbs of moon sand people. Good times. Special thanks to Uncle Russell and Aunt Chelsea for their masterful mixing!




Puppies and puppy chow for our friends. Stella loves her a basket o' puppies!




These are the doghouses that my dad helped me make. They turned out great, and Stella is still loving playing in them! Awesome Erica helped me make all the lanterns! Thanks, Erica!




Can you believe how cute this is??? And it was deeeelicious! I love our little Brenham Bakery.



So does Stella. ;)



Stella and her favorite cousin Nora checking out the doghouses.




My party sweetie.



Life size posters! For $3! I may leave them up for a while because they just make me laugh.

Look at all our awesome family who traveled to come celebrate with us!


Charlie and Grandpa




Charlie, uncle Russ and aunt Chelsea




Aunt Lael and Charlie




Mimi and Charlie



It's great to be 2!





I really want my kids to LOVE their birthdays, and the fact that Happy Birthday seems to be her new favorite song indicates to me that I think so far so good on accomplishing that mission. I feel so blessed by all our friends and family that helped me put things together, and then came to shower my girl with love!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like SO MUCH FUN! Awesome job Mom and helpers! Happy birthday, Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!!! She's too adorable for words and what a fun idea for a birthday party!!!

    ReplyDelete