Thursday, September 9, 2010

So long, farewell

Well today is my last day of full-time employment for the foreseeable future. I am entering the world of full-time mommyhood with so much joy in my heart. I am so thankful for a husband who really values and supports me being here with our little girl. It is interesting that today she has her first little low grade fever. I am glad that I get to be here with her to watch her myself and overanalyze her every grunt and wiggle.

I have really enjoyed the working world. It's a good thing since Lord knows I spent plenty of time training to do my job! It was fascinating, fast-paced, and engaging, but in a deep place in my heart all my training and education always kind of felt a little bit like a placeholder of sorts. A placeholder for this adventure of my life of which I am just now on the precipice. I will most likely do some PRN work as the Lord presents opportunities, but I am so thankful to be here right now. I am thankful that unlike my brainiac mom who had to wait until her fifties to get to really challenge herself with advanced education I have had that luxury.

I guess the rain and the HR paperwork and the little fever has just made me feel like expressing some gratitude today. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment