Thursday, August 19, 2010

7 weeks and counting...

This week our funny baby is 7 weeks old.  She is just starting to share her first few social smiles over the past week.  She has one of those smiles that just lights up her whole face!  It's magical.  Here's a little grin that dad caught on camera today.  It's a cell phone picture, but I love it.

She is holding her head up more and for longer and longer periods of time now.  She is so strong.  It catches me by surprise sometimes when she kicks those legs or looks around or arches her back in a big cat stretch.

I took her up to her dad's office last week to weigh her, and my jaw just dropped when we saw the number on the scale was 12 lbs 1 oz!  She is really thriving, and focusing on developing her cheeks! They are just so kissable.  I can't resist them.  Clearly, the girl is eating well.  I am so thankful for that.  She is also sleeping really well.  Starting the end of last week she began sleeping through the night occasionally.  Three times in the past week she has done it!  (I consider sleeping through the night to be more than 7 hours of sleep.)  So I am just continuing to do what I am doing, and hoping that the frequency of these nights continues!  I love you, Babywise!

She is also transitioning from being a serious sleepyhead to being more and more wakeful during the day.  She has stayed awake almost all morning every day this week.  I love to see her looking around and absorbing her surroundings.  We walk our dogs, our two labrador retreivers, in the mornings and she just looks up at the sky and the trees and all around her.  I love to watch her take it all in.  I watch her.  She watches the sky.  She also really likes to look up at the ceiling fan in the living room.  It is dark bronze with dark wood blades on a white field.  She is mesmerized by it.  I guess she likes the contrast.  She also likes looking at the books on her bookshelf.  It looks as though she is searching them as she gazes at the shelf, and then slowly stops and fixes on them one at a time.  So funny.  I love the wonder with which she approaches the world.  It inspires me, and I have found myself asking the Lord to renew my heart and increase my wonder at the world and at the works of His hands in my life.

1 comment:

  1. What glorious chubba-delicious cheeks she has! Wish I was there to kiss them!

    ReplyDelete